UnBound Waco fights slavery in our community, with a specific focus on domestic minor sex trafficking.
Our high poverty rates, location on a major interstate, and number of runaways and kids involved in child welfare all contribute to a growing sex trafficking problem. But as we’ve started to reach out to other social services, provide training and resources for law enforcement and health care professionals, and advocate for many girls and women in our community that are being trafficked, we’ve seen some exciting changes.
UnBound Waco currently works in:
- Our staff and volunteers speak at schools, churches, organizations, universities, social clubs and other community-wide events to educate groups on human trafficking and provide resources for involvement in the anti-trafficking effort.
- Our Juvenile Detention Center Outreach Team shares our curriculum for at-risk youth with 10-20 youth each week. Our goal is to educate youth about sex trafficking, ways to stay safe, and the value of themselves and others. Many times girls self-identify as victims of trafficking or offer valuable knowledge about trafficking in Waco during our follow-up interviews.
- Our team of Waco trainers puts on professional presentations for medical professionals, educators, lawyers and law enforcement to help equip them to identify and advocate for victims of human trafficking.
- We advocate for victims and survivors by providing for immediate needs, offering support to caregivers, volunteering services and connecting with aftercare programs to help each survivor through his or her unique restoration process.
- UnBound Waco leads the Heart of Texas Human Trafficking coalition, a multi-agency collaboration of resources, strategy and influence aimed at making the Heart of Texas a hostile environment to human trafficking.
In case of emergency, call 911.
The National Human Trafficking Resource Center: 1-888-373-7888 (toll free, available 24/7, translators available, confidential)
UnBound Hotline: 254-230-0872
Waco Police Department
– Crimes Against Children: 254-752-2600
– For Adults & After-Hours Call 254-750-7500 or 911
The Victims Center Hotline: 254-752-7233 or toll free at 888-867-7233 (available 24/7 for crisis intervention)
To make a CPS Report: 1-800-252-5400
Department of Family & Protective Services: hotlines for abuse, runaway and more
We are a group of people that speak out for those who can’t speak for themselves, for those who suffer injustice because of human trafficking, and for those who anxious awaiting for a light of hope to shine into their lives.
We want to raise awareness among the Hispanic community about human trafficking by providing training at schools, religious organizations and public events. As we use education and prayer in a partnership this will result in fewer people being victims of human trafficking.
Are you a Spanish-speaker who wants to be involved? Contact us.
UnBound is an ever-growing organization with chapters actively working around the country! Every chapter is different – each with its own director and areas of focus, depending on the greatest needs in each community.
The National Oversight Team, based in Waco, Texas, oversees all chapters and provides support every step of the way.
The National Team…– Unifies UnBound as a national effort.– Seeks and ensures best practices.– Equips and trains chapter directors.– Centralizes UnBound tools and resources.– Sets annual goals and vision.– Overseas new chapter approval and launch.– Provides ongoing development and support.– Creates resources and training tools.– Gives continued guidance and strategic counsel.– Ensures cohesive brand and communication.
To help support the work the National Team, give to UnBound Waco.